Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshares is good investment or not. (by Peter C.):

I agree to a certain extent with both ghhww and ken1193. There are so many people complaining about how a timeshare is such a bad investment and how timeshares should never be purchased as an investment because they are bad investments. But I know a lot of people who act the same way towards stocks. They buy mutual funds because "someone else does the work" and thus mutual funds are perceived as safer and simpler. I have news for you. Mutual funds are not safer nor simpler. The people who buy them just want to believe that having someone else make the decisions is easier and safer. Guess what? It might be easier because you want to believe that, but you make the same decisions to buy a mutual fund as a stock, and mutual funds rise and fall just like stock. They are not safer nor simpler. You just let someone else make your decision even though you don't understand how much you're being charged for them to make those decisions. If you're so willing to let others charge you for investments, be willing to pay someone to manage your timeshare.

The same is true for timeshares, or buying a home in order to rent out. If you're not the type of person who is willing to learn a bit before buying, and you're not willing to THINK before you buy DO NOT BUY A TIMESHRE. In fact, don't buy anything like a house or stock or mutual fund. They are all easy enough to buy but if you aren't willing to learn what you're getting yourself into you will have problems with understanding what you bought, how much you paid for it relative to what it provides for you, etc.