Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Very Very Easy? ....Sorry, but I don't think so. (by R P.):

ken1193 wrote:
ghhww states in part: >> It is very very EASY. TIMESHARES ARE A FANTASTIC INVESTMENT... period. This is just a no brainer. << =================================================

I'm a well educated and reasonably bright guy, but with all due respect (and with 25+ years of my own timeshare ownership and experience behind me) I submit that there is NOTHING about ANYTHING in the timeshare industry which is either "very very easy" or a "no brainer".

If your particular business model works for you, that's great --- congratulations and more power to you. However, to characterize anything about timeshare as being either "very very easy" or a "no brainer" is, I submit, some serious exaggeration and truly gross oversimplification. Just my personal opinion....

I am in complete agreement with Ken. Just because one owns zillions of points and/or 200 timeshare weeks DOES NOT MEAN they can be rented or can be sold for a profit.

I remember reading about a lady on Tug that owned something like a zillion Wyndham points and she was making a living renting those points out, however, one day Wyndham changed their business plan (can't remember exactly what they changed since I'm not familiar with points at all) and the change upset her thriving career and she was in the process of losing her home. She was going under fast.

No way would I ever buy mega-points or 100 or more timeshares and try to make a living renting or selling them. It's just plain gambling with your life.