Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

'Tis the season (Jingle shills, Jingle shills, B.S. all the way...) (by KC):

kelleyl4 wrote:
I received a Call from Villa Trader today and they said they had a buyer for my El Cid property. His name was James but I asked him if I could be the paperwork and review it as that is what I did with Holiday Group. He said he would check and I also asked him to send me an e-mail with all of this information documented just in case I needed to produce it for the authorities etc.

The bottom line is this: 1. There is no "buyer" lined up. 2. They will want an upfront fee from you in order to "do business", likely somewhere between $600 to $1,000. 3. If you pay them, the mythical "buyer" will suddenly just disappear, there will be no "sale", and you will never hear from them again.

Comparing unknown "Villa Trader" to Holiday Group (the latter is a legitimate, established timeshare resale company) is essentially comparing (rotten) apples to oranges. Holiday Group does indeed re-sell timeshares at (roughly) current resale market prices (although their closing costs can be a bit steep). The unknown "Villa Trader", whoever / whatever / wherever they may be, doesn't sell anything. They merely collect upfront fees from gullible owners by appealing directly to their greed; putting stars in an owners' eyes by citing astronomical and totally unrealistic "selling prices" which non-existent buyers are allegedly just chomping at the bit to pay. It's all BS, plain and simple, so please save your money. If you DO choose to pay them, you are not a victim --- you are instead a VOLUNTEER!