Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Conflict of interest: Wyndham/RCI? (by Connie M.):

Just checked out of Kingsgate resort in Williamsburg and upon check in was immediately invited to an educational presentation to inform me how I could save money since Wyndham now owns RCI. I was immediately skeptical because they were offering me $120 to come. I turned it down but was badgered all week by slimy sales tactics (we can get you discount tickets to Williamsburg- come to pick them up and find out we need to go to presentation). They even called at 8 am to remind me I was "scheduled" for a 9:30 breakfast. I resisted the hard sell but it was very annoying. They insisted over and over it was not to sell me anything. Left me with a very bad feeling for ever going to a Wyndham property again. I have been a member of RCI for years and while I do not like their escalating exchange fees I have been happy (key is to plan way in advance). I bought my Diamond Resorts Hawaii property and all my other redtime timeshares (4 weeks) on Ebay for less than $1.00 each.