Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Conflict of interest: Wyndham/RCI? (by KC):

michaelc741 wrote:
We just stayed at a Wyndham resort and experienced basically the same treatment as those above. We were told "It's a meeting to explain the relationship of RCI and Wyndham, since W now owns R. We see you already own a timeshare so it will not be a sales pitch." Ha!!

The presentation was basically: 1.) Wyndham now owns RCI 2.) Your timeshare is not a Wyndham property 3.) You're Screwed. You move to the bottom of the list for vacation exchanges. 4.) We can help, but it will cost you.

We will keep using RCI (or whatever) until our current membership expires, then evaluate. We own three units, all red-week in popular areas. We may start renting some and using the $ to stay in hotels. In the meantime, I'll be asking our state attorney general's office to look into the high-pressure techniques Wyndham appears to be using.

A very astute and very accurate summary. Wyndham and Westgate sales weasels are the worst in the USA and have been for years. Nothing has changed in that regard. The only worse timeshare sales weasels on the planet are those in Mexico, at least in my personal opinion. They ALL know that verbal representations have NO legal meaning or consequence whatsoever and that ONLY the written contract content means anything. Accordingly, they feel free to exaggerate, misrepresent, obfuscate and (when necessary or convenient), just outright lie in order to "seal the deal". It's sad and it's pathetic, but it has been exactly so for a very long time now.

Wyndham has of course owned RCI outright for many years now. Why the sales weasels even bother to mention that irrelevant fact at all is a bit puzzling. There are at least a half-dozen other exchange company alternatives to RCI, among them Interval International, Dial an Exchange, Trading Places International, SFX and others. Personally, I have not belonged to RCI in over a decade now and I have no plans or intent to do so again in the future.

Good on 'ya for "separating the wheat from the chaff" after listening to those lying and deceitful sales weasels! I don't know how those parasites even sleep at night.