Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sell My Timeshare NOW / Timeshare Broker Services - Buyer / Seller Be Warned! (by R P.):

lisab810 wrote:
The postings also have me alarmed. So how do you list your timeshare for sale if you don't pay the several hundred dollar fee up front? I recently listed my Pueblo Bonito Rose annual timeshare for sale through BuyATimshare.com. Before doing so, I checked out several other companies that operated under the same proticol .... pay and upfront fee of several hundred dollars and they'll list the unit for sale. I thought I checked numerous resources to confirm the validity of the company that I elected to list my timeshare with. All reports indicated that they were legitimate. Has anybody done business with BuyATimeshare.Com? I had spoke with Sell My Timeshare Now also. Again, the cited the same practice.

If ANY resale company charges an upfront fee in the hundreds/thousands of dollars then they are a scam, period. All they want is you credit card # to charge that upfront fee .... they will outright lie to you that they can sell your timeshare when they have no intention of selling your timeshare.

We are on a mission here to see that all upfront fee resale companies are shut down and arrested for fraud.

As far as selling your timeshare yourself, this is the very worst time in the history of timesharing to try to sell .... depending on supply and demand of your resort and week owned, you may not even be able to give it away, however you could list it as a give-away and offer to pay all closing costs and this year's maintenance fee .... then you'd be out of paying yearly maintenance fees and possible special assessments in the future.