Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sell My Timeshare NOW / Timeshare Broker Services - Buyer / Seller Be Warned! (by Randy W.):

8/22/2010 Message from a Buyer: I just read through this long stream of replies and info (before mine) about Timeshare Broker Services (TBS) and Sell My Timeshare Now (SMTN).... mostly old stuff from years ago and some from what appears to be a disgruntled employee that knows every bit of history on the company/s and other from their now CEO and then of course the folks like us who barely have a clue and can't help it be concerned. I don't know what to believe but I'll tell you my first half of the story (will follow witht the second half after the final close):

As an interested buyer, I stumbled upon the SMTN site. I found a property I was interested in, replied with an email message and the next day got a phone call from a sales rep with TBS. After speaking with him on the phone, we came up with a price to offer (with my understanding I (the buyer) would be paying all the closing fees so this was accounted for in the offer). At this point I did provide my charge card put up the good faith offer (about 45% of my total expected costs). I figured if this was a scam I could always call my credit card company and cancel the charge. The next day I received an email/phone call saying the buyer accepted the offer and I would be receiving the paperwork to sign. The paperwork arrived within a week, I signed it and got it in the mail with the estimated remaining amount for closing. It was/is estimated to take 30 to 60 days to close. Its been almost 60 days and I am expecting it any day now. So far I cannot say anything negative about TSB as they have been on-top of everything and stayed in contact with me. I have sent a couple emails asking questions and the response has been the same day or the next day. The one thing I would like to point out is that from the start I was provided the Timeshare Unit # (as it was posted on the ad listing and followed through with all the paperwork) and the amount I am paying is fulling disclosed on the Buy/Sell Agreement so both the Buyer and Seller can read and see everything. This is in contrast to what I have read on this post about "ghost sale ads by irreputable brokers" and "backdoor sales commissions that are scammed on sellers." As mentioned, I will follow-up with Part Two of my reply once the timeshare sale closes. At this point I have no reason for concern. Hope this helps clear a few things up for new people (buyers or sellers) considering TBS and/or SMTN.