Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Sell My Timeshare NOW / Timeshare Broker Services - Buyer / Seller Be Warned! (by R P.):

randyw117 wrote:
Part II follow-up: My timeshare purchase closed and took around 75 days rather than the 60 days expected.... but no problems. As discussed below (Part I), I had concerns as a buyer to know if I was dealing with a reputable company (TBS and SMTN) - given the negative messages posted on this site and Redweek. Fortunately, my experience as a Buyer went fine. If anyone wants to know the closing company that was used for my purchase, just ask. I would recommend them to any sellers out there (assumming you found your own buyer), as an option to close your time share sale - without having had to post it on a web site like SMTN and pay a commission and listing fees. That said, my experience in finding a listing at SMTN and going through the purchase -- all went fine.

You just don't get it ..... buying from SMTN may have turned out fine BUT if you're a seller then SMTN wants a large upfront fee just to be listed on their website. You evidently wanted a certain timeframe at a certain resort and SMTN had what you were looking for, but for a potential seller, it's an entirely different ballgame when they are scammed out of a large upfront fee.