Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resort Condos Plus - anyone? (by Donald K.):

Be very careful w/ this company. I was contacted by Micheal Dean (817-717-5373), who claims to be w/ the finance division of the company. He will tell you about coaching his child's sports teams, that he makes $311, 000/yr and doesn't care about the sale. He'll tell you "If I were president for a day, I'd have a timeshare czar". He does a very good job of making you his friend.

So, I get a call saying they have a buyer for my timeshare. In this case, it was William and Susan Benitz (405-762-3717) from Oklahoma. Mr. Dean claimed that Mrs. Benitz is a teacher w/ 3 children and that they have deposited $4, 500. He'll tell you that he must return the money to them if he doesn't complete the sale within 48 hours (he also said 72, so not sure which is correct).

Mrs. Benitz actually called me. The odd thing is that her kids were making all kinds of noise in the background, but none of it seemed to bother her. I honestly feel that the sound was canned (just a gut feeling). She asked a bunch of questions that were easily answered on the timeshare's website. Things like Wi-Fi and pets. I asked to speak w/ her husband (who was handling 'things') but never heard back from him.

Mrs. Benitz immediately called Mr. Dean who called and harassed me about calling her. I explained to him that the only thing I wanted was a contract or term of sale to read. He kept asking for a credit card number which I refused to give him. He insisted that he was helping me out b/c my timeshare is listed on a MLS site that I have no knowledge or documentation b/c "by Texas law, he can't sell a property listed in MLS". When I asked for the details of the listing, he said that sales had to do that. When I asked for the contract, he claimed that came from another department.

All in all, a very frustrating experience and huge waste of time.

I would be very careful dealing with them.

Good luck.