Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Ko Olina Beach Time share Resale (by Phil L.):

laurac260 wrote:
regarding Marriott time share resale...any resale....according to Marriott, if someone purchases a timeshare from an OWNER rather than Marriott directly, many of the perks do not transfer over. Now, I can purchase a RESALE from Marriott and will get all the perks, but not a resale from a private owner.

Unfortunately, the sales person I have been talking to has been decidedly difficult to pin down on the details. Anyone have any idea what "perks" she is talking about?

Not being a Marriott owner I can only state what I have heard and been told by friends that do own.

You need to weed out the perks you would lose by price difference and what you would probably use at some point.

You can save so much money buying resale from a owner and in many cases this is the only way to go. My understanding is only loss would be the right to exchange your week for Marriott reward points.

Also many of these hotel/timeshare chains are changing their perks and you even get less value than when you bought.

I would recommend going on Tug where they have owner forums just for that chain. You can always learn more talking to owners than some sales person.

Good Luck! PHILL12