Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Grupo mayan lies to sell timeshare!! (by Steve H.):

I had a very similar experience just as recently as Aug 2011. I find it deceitful and misleading that there was never a discussion on the right of rescission, and when I returned home and called to cancel the timeshare services, the company refused to work with me, even when I asked if there was a cancellation fee, which the representative brought up herself, she corrected herself and said there was no cancellation fee. I am now in what could be a lengthy process with my credit card company to dispute the charges to proceed with cancellation of the unused services. The time share representatives were so focused on telling how great the property was and how many "bonus weeks" they were throwing in (even though they still cost over $400 per week of used time), that they failed to discuss or even list and highlight the right of rescission in a checklist of things that you had to initial and sign off in the final paperwork process.