Maintenance Fees

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Maintenance Fees (by Cyndia S.):

Charles,

As many of us current Manhattan Club owners can tell you, you can HAVE my Manhattan Club package for FREE. I am totally serious. I want $0 for it, just TAKE IT.

Even charities will not accept these manhattan club weeks as donations because of the outrageous maintenance fees that are an annual burden, getting many of us in trouble now with our credit. I cannot even begin to tell you the horror stories being daily told on our listserv.

Once you get in, you cannot get out without taking a huge loss. Equally as important, no timeshare EVER increases in value (which is what they will tell you in our tour, that's what they told us in 2005) - it is downright worthless. They have the nerve to keep giving these "tours" and selling weeks to a timeshare that has NO MORE ROOM. You cannot get a week there each year unless you do so at least 9 months in advance notice, and, even then you are paying far more to buy in than to just book the nights on Expedia for $200 to $250/night (which would also would spare you paying annual "maintenance fees" in excess of $2,000 a year.

If all you want for your time is a cheap night out in NYC, that is fine, but just know going in what awaits you.