Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE (by Irene P.):

I edited a book and wrote the Foreword for Everything About Timeshare, Before, During and After the Sale. The author is a former sales agent, executive, and contract reviewer who worked all over Mexico and the Caribbean. You can find him on Linked-In. Wayne Robinson is also a former Navy journalist. He is on Malaysia time so take that into consideration when waiting for a response.

The Yucatan Times published this article about warning Canadians about buying a timeshare in Canada. This sent Ontario Canadians through the roof because it is far worse buying a timeshare in Ontario than Mexico as you can be in a coma and they wait for you to die and then sue your kids and grand kids for past due maintenance fees. Wyndham's Carriage is almost bankrupt. Only because of this they retained the strategic accounting firm BDO Dunwoody to offer an exit.

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2019/10/canada-issues-travel-advisory-for-high-pressure-sales-tactics-used-to-sell-timeshares-in-mexico/

I have heard from several Canadian who bought in Mexico. One was ready to pay an exit company $6999 of which $1999 was finance charges. I made one phone call and the resort took it back. Not all Mexico timeshares are bad. Vidanta and Krystal are really bad. RedWeek has threads on both.