Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

TRYING TO GET OUT OF MEXICO TIMESHARE (by Roxy):

My husband and I got conned into a timeshare in the Sunset Beach area and when we sent our quit notice by $50 International delivery they would not accept the mail! Then I was told by FEDEX in Cabo San Lucas that "their address does not exist." True there is no street number but theirs is the only property on that road! So the address on our timeshare is non existent. Which means there is a total breach of contract. My father and his wife purchased a "vacation ownership with a Lloyds of London guarantee" at the Cabo Viejo in Pedregal. Turns out six months after he did, they changed the name and started selling them as condos. In fact I saw an episode on a show like House Hunters International and they sold one of them to a couple from the states! Turns out, Lloyds of London had absolutely no business deal with these people and the $5,000 he paid for that was confiscated by these thieves, on top of the vacation ownership price. They lost their money on the "vacation ownership" deal too. Oddly, a couple months after this happened, someone from Mexico had their Visa number and charged up to $20,000 on it which thankfully was reversed. However, that place was THE ONLY PLACE they used that card in Mexico. So beware of who you give your credit card too while traveling there other than the hotel you are actually staying in. There is no consumer protection in that country (as in most foreign countries), and the USA doesn't give a rat's behind what happens to its citizens abroad. You are totally on your own when this happens.