Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: IA Vacations/ American Timeshare Closings (by R P.):

russ177 wrote:
The Atty General "Dept of Consumer Complaints" did nothing for us other than stamp the letters that went back and forth. Nothing more than leeches sucking the lifeblood of our economy. Even the BBB was pretty much useless. Arrants won't work on mickey mouse stuff, I guess. We ended up eating IA's crap and getting on with our lives.

That's because you went above and beyond who you should have contacted with your complaint in the first place. You need to send your complaint to the DA in the county the scammers are located and to the Attorney General in the state the scammers are located.

I sent in a complaint a couple of weeks ago to a state Attorney General involving an internet scam .... I received a letter yesterday from that state's AG stating that the owner of the website has been notified of my conplaint and the AG recommended the owner of the website contact me for a resolution, however after I threatened to send my complaint to every consumer advocacy agency in the USA, the website owner had already refunded the money.

You have to be pro-active, not a victim, NEVER GIVE UP IF YOU THINK YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED.

BTW, the BBB only files complaints .... they don't actually do anything in getting your money refunded.