Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Give away timeshare to charity (by Mike N.):

caroll93 wrote:
I am from Canada and would like to know if there is any charities that would like to have timeshares. I have two timeshares by Celebrity in Kissimmee Florida. I am not worried about taxes.
There are plenty of organizations that will accept certain timeshares. One is www.donateforacause.org. However if your TS is not marketable, then theywill not accept it. Here is an excerpt from the FAQs of Donate for a Cause.

All properties offered for donation will undergo a four week market analysis whereby the value of the property will be estimated. No property will be accepted for donation if the market analysis concludes that the property can not be sold for a profit within a three week period. Donate For A Cause reserves the right to reject any property offered for donation for the above stated or any other reason it deems appropriate.

The bottom line is if you can't sell it or give it away, then a charity probably will not accept it. Keep in mind that you are liable for all MFs while the charity is trying to sell your TS and you cannot use it, rent it, or exchange it once you start the donation process.

All that being said, you have nothing to lose by trying.

Good Luck