Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Does Donate For A Cause Really Care About Helping Charities Or Just Making Profits? (by Carol H.):

Another update on my "Donate To A Cause" action:

Earlier this week I got my paper work from Resort Closings, Inc as part of the next step in my action. The package contained an invoice for $3095 broken out as follows: $2495.00 Donation Program Fee, and $600.00 Resort Transfer Fee. The package also contained a contract entitled "Diamond Resorts U.S. Collection Transfer of Membership." This contract states that I am transfering my points in the Diamond Resorts U.S Collection (which is probably the official name of DRI) to Project Philanthropy, Inc. It states that the transfer of the membership will be effective when accepted by DRI and when all other conditions of transfer have been satisfied.

The transfer of membership has several conditions that involves notification of all parties, adding Project Philanthropy to the register of members, transfering certificates, stuff like that. It also says that once the transfer of membership is complete, the transferee (Project Philanthropy) automatically becomes a memeber and will be subject to and comply fully with DRIs articles, bylaws, etc. It goes on to say that the transferee agrees to "pay the annual standard assessment payable in respect of the points standard assessment and the base standard assessment applicable to the transferee's membership....." It also says that the "transferee and the transferor (me), as between themselves, agree that the transferor will be responsible for any claims or liabilities arising from the transferor's membership in respect of the period prior to the date hereof, including any standard assessment payable during such period, and the transferees will be resposible for any claims or liabilities arising from the transferees membership in respect of the period after the date hereof....." That would be today, since I will be signing, notarizing, and mailing this document today. I got my 2012 annual assessment in the mail eariler in the month and of course it went up several hundred dollars, so I will be paying that as well in a couple of weeks.

Not too much fun to cough up $6K at christmas time, but I will feel a lot better when I am rid of this thing. I am scanning all my documentation, so if anyone wants to see the actual documents, I can send you a pdf file (I think - the whole scanning thing on my printer is tenuous at best). I'm comfortable that once these papers go back and I pay my annual assessment, I will have no more obligation to DRI for anything ever again.

BTW, pardon any misspellings or punctuation. I try, but fat fingers get in the way.