Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Maintenance fees (by KC):

The above post doesn't even really deserve acknowledgement, but I will nonetheless note that it is (and has always been) entirely reasonable to expect that maintenance fees will increase by a minimum of 4-6% each and every year at virtually any timeshare property or within any timeshare system. Insurance rates, electricity, property taxes, appliances, furniture, HVAC equipment, replacement doors and windows will always cost more, never less. This indisputable fact has absolutely NOTHING to do with minimum hourly wage laws. Apples and oranges, complete non sequitur. On the other hand, Diamond fee increases (the original actual topic of this thread) seem to be quite out of line on a regular and consistent basis. I'd be strongly inclined to attribute that to outright corporate greed.

To respond further to the post directly above, I personally think that it's quite small and petty to begrudge any working individual a guaranteed minimum hourly wage that still isn't even a decent living wage, regardless of the kind of work they perform in the course of trying to make a living. I frankly have a whole lot more sympathy for those working people than I have for some "entitled" individual complaining about high hotel taxes in Hawaii or parking rates in Las Vegas or mandatory parking fees at a Maui Hyatt --- oh, boo hoo!. Cry me a river. C'mon....are you really that selfish?