Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: If you've been scammed by Sell My Timeshare Now .... (by Lisa B.):

Is this the same Luke that I dealt with at SMTN? The reason why I ask, is because the Luke that I dealt with abruptly parted ways with SMTN right before I left on vacation. I'm not sure if it was a mutual decision or if it was on bad terms.

To answer your question, YES, SMTN did make things right with me. As I previously mentioned, the alternative accomodations that I was able to secure added an additional expense of more than $21,000. Literally while on my way to the airport, SMTN wire tranferred funds for the first installment (2 payments were made) of the reimbursement. A couple of days after I got back, the final portion was made in the form of a credit card refund.

We had a great time in Acapulco. We were even able to take advantage of a couple of perks arranged before hand by Lucas Lanigan. About 16 of us golfed for free at the adjacent golf course.

While the experience was truely a nightmare, since I'm not familiar with the internal operations of SMTN, I'm not qualified to pass judgement on where the fault for the mishap fell. However, I do know that if the company mandated that their suppliers furnish confirmations upon payment, as most others do, this ordeal would have never happened.

I must give kudos where they are due though. I was in touch with numerous representatives from various departments at SMTN. Never did I ever come in contact with a single person that didn't sound to be genuinely concerned, understanding, and motivated to resolve the situation. Unfortunately, due to the practice of not requiring the vendor to furnish the resort confirmations before 30 days before arrival, personel at SMTN was automatically put behind the gun to be able to produce the desired results.

It was due to my diligence that alternative accomodations where able to be secured. But it was within SMTN that they made it right and reimbursed me the additional expense that it cost. I truely believe had I been dealing with almost any other timeshare broker, very few would have the resources or horsepower to make good on the transaction. And for that reason, I will use SMTN in the future and have told friends about them.

My situation could have been a "worse scenerio", and I was left no choice but to trust that SMTN would make good on their verbal pledge. But I also found reassurance through various other members in their industry, the better business bureau and the attorney generals office that said that of all companies, SMTN has the capability and motivation to satisfy all claims satisfactory. Fortunately, from what I've experienced, I would concur with that.

While specific details about "complimentary" weren't discussed, I was also assured that SMTN would extend a complimentary accomodation to me for my return business. We'll see how that goes, I'm currently working on taking our group to the Grand Mayan in San Jose Del Cabo next spring and will be contacting Jerome (VP) soon!