Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Marriott Going to a Point System (by Thomas N.):

Is there anything we can do to stop Marriott from making this huge mistake and injustice to owners? Although I have never been one to agree with all the lawsuits in our country, I would not rule out a class action suit. Although Marriott has no doubt had their many attorneys on this for a couple years, the many resort by resort inequities that will arise will be certainly worth litigating.

I just read an article in Timesharing Today magazine about the points based system through RCI, Wyndam, and other. These sound absolutely dreadful and confirm my worst fears. In essence, while we owners that have lockouts have been able to lockoff and trade for two weeks at excellent resorts in the past, we will not even be able to trade for one week at some resorts (and likely will have to save two years of points from our units to get one week of usage). If we owners had wanted points based timeshares, we would have purchased initially through one of the other companies, other than Marriott. Marriott going to a points based system is a direct violation of the entire premise upon which we purchased.