Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Charles S.):

coryj wrote:
On the topic of owner updates/sales pitches. I never go to them anymore, no matter what they call them because they are just timeshare sales. Its a waste of time and not worth the money to me. It's not just DRI that's aggresssive. Many other places are too. I've had a Marriot sales person actually come to my door once and leave a note because I unplugged my phone so I didn't have to hear the phone ring at all hours of the day and night. Unfortunately, at most places you can't get your parking pass or sometimes even your keys until you've met with the salespeople in the concierge area. It's annoying, but I just keep telling them that I don't want to buy anything and that it wouldn't be fair to the salesperson. If they persist, I usually finally agree to some date and just don't show up. I always refuse to give them my credit card no matter what. You're in the driver's seat. They have no choice, but to acquiesce. If you really want that voucher, then be prepared for at least two hours of torment and plan on being worked over by 3 different people. It's been that way for a long time and I see it hasn't changed. I guess its one of those tactics that work for them. The sales pitches are the one bad thing about timeshares that we unfortunately have to live with. I have just learned to blow them off and not let it bother me.

Coryj, you have a good attitude about the updates/salespitch. You don't have to go so just say no. It's not that big a deal.

I just wanted you to know that with the Club points, you cannot use RCI. DRI uses Interval International (II). You may be able to use your weeks with RCI, but DRI points are only used for exchanges with II.