Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Charles S.):

robertb1166 wrote:
We have been owners at Los Abrigatos Sedona since 2001. While not first class property we like location and "upgraded" in 2006 to 2 bedroom for extra $3200 and 2 bedroom instead of annual 1 bedroom got 2 br odd years. Spent 2 weeks there end of April 2013. First visit under diamond. Fees are now $1400 for week instead of $900 and we DID NOT GET a 2 Bdrm. We got a dungeon room with dirty carpets, dark and few windows inspite of the exact 2 Bdrm had 4 years ago vacant for most of 10-day stay.

LESSON Learned: Diamond is a SLUM operator who takes advantage of the largely unregulated timeshare industry and stupid lenders who gladly transfer their foreclosure properties to this marketing machine that then raises fees, does not manage or maintain properties and begins the process of mass marketing cheap vacations to the unaware consumer who signs on to cover any fees they charge without representation or consumer protection. There must be a class action suit SOON. AZ is John McCain country and consumers BEWARE!!!

Send your comments and unite against the sham Diamond machine!

I will admit I did not like the heavy increases in maintenance fees when Diamond Resorts International (DRI) took over our Sunterra propgram who bought our Epic Resorts properties. However, I was very happy when DRI started refurbishing the properties. There were properties that I would not have gone to but did because they were improved. DRI also added more locations for those of us who were in Sunterra. Like your Los Abrigados property many of the Sunterra properties were in great need of repair. In a couple of years things began to be improved at various properties.

I was at Los Abrigados when DRI first took over it a couple of years ago. This is a nice property, but needs work. The two bedroom we had was very large and the bedrooms were spacious. I loved the size of the units. However, the furniture was very dated and the furniture needed to be updated. The place overall needs work. I have always thought that Los Abrigados had potential. I believe eventrually DRI will upgrade the resort. I would only stay there again after it has been renovated and refurbished. It's in a great location in Sedona.

DRI is a legitimate business, but it's a timeshare business. More importantly, it seems to be a successful one that manages your timeshare. There must have been something to it if your old ownership went bankrupt and DRI was able to buy your property. Obviously, your old company was not collecting enough in maintenance fees to keep up Los Abrigados. The place is a mess from what I saw and I was there right after DRI picked them up. You can either enjoy it or sell it. I choose to enjoy. I must tell you that you could have pointed out the devaluations you're talking about BEFORE you signed on the dotted line. DRI more than likely would have grandfathered you in. They have done it with others so that you would not have lost anything.

I would suggest that you give it some more time and you will see some changes. Just my humble opinon.