Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Diamond Resorts International (DRI) "THE CLUB" Points Program & Converting your Week to Points (by Lisa N.):

I agree; they don't have enough inventory for all the Points they've sold! It is maddening; they convinced us to buy more points so we'd be a Gold Member. That means we get to pay over $6000/year but can't find any availability unless we book 13 months in advance! And they told us we'd get a Free Upgrade in the Room Type. So in Jan. 2015, I booked a Garden View Room for Feb 12, 2016 but when the Reservation came back to me, there was no upgrade. I called in; even the guy couldn't tell me how or what I was supposed to do to get that Upgrade I was promised. All he could tell me there was no Availability in the next level of upgraded rooms! We'll probably get a room overlooking the parking lot, and we've probably given them more than $75,000 over the years! And another lie I'm sure they've told all of us: if you book within 60 days of your trip date, you're supposed to get it for half the number of points, Right? WRONG: that's only if they WANT to offer it to you, but "not in the popular resorts!" They don't have to reduce the number of points! My advice to anyone who is thinking of buying into it: DON'T!!! But if you really want to, call me and I'll sell mine really cheap!