Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

g333 where are you??? I'm not sure I'm the one to respond to this as I'm not sure I have any answers! I'm still trying to work my way through all of this, but to date, we really haven't had any problems getting the vacations we've wanted. On good faith, we have entered the Destinations Program to give us the flexibility it has promised us. We did not buy trust points, nor we have never requested going to our home resorts (though we may in the future). My understanding is that if we want to go our home resort we need to at the very earliest moment of the request cycle. The only fault to date that we have with Marriott is that it appears to us that Marriott has not prepared their representatives very well in explaining this new program. We enrolled our three weeks in the Destinations Program and no one even mentioned purchasing Trust Points. My husband and I are retired so we have a considerable amount of flexibility in our travel time--but this is not the case with many of you with 8 - 5 jobs! I just wish that Marriott had made this new program more user-friendly than it is. Thank God for g333 or I would still be wandering out there in la-la land trying to figure out what questions to even ask! I also hope that Marriott monitors this discussion because that could really help all of us with our questions, understandings and misunderstandings--if they would enter this discussion! I really want to be able to assume good faith and hope to hell that Marriott really cares about us!