Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Bob P.):

Sad to say, I have been a relatively happy Marriott owner with a 2Br lock off unit in Palm Desert and Two 1br units at Maui. I attended two presentations just to be sure the BS they were trying to sell was only intended for STUPID people. I am not one of them.

Let's see, not only do they get way more points from people like you for a unit I might deposit, but they charge you WAY more than I could possibly get for my unit if I sold it to you. For example; if you buy the points it would take you to stay at my PD winter property, it would cost you about $34,000. If I were to resell that unit, I would be lucky to get $15,000. Great Deal!

As for those two Platinum weeks in MAUI, the only way you or anyone else will ever get those for points you buy would be from my kids, after my death. In fact a friend just returned and told me that Marriott has been unsuccessful in getting Maui owners to deposit weeks, and since the units I own were sold out, Marriott has NO INVENTORY to rent. Thus if you had the points necessary, you would still have an almost impossible chance of getting a week there.

Reading through this forum it is obvious that many of the respondents are paid to do so. Frankly, Marriott owners are not that informed or HAPPY. Anyone who responds with that Company answer that you don't have to deposit your week and can always stay there, as a defense against the fact that you get less points than you would need for a similar unit, is only giving credence to the question of WHY WOULD YOU CONVERT.

Last winter I attended an owners forum in PD. A day that in the past might get 30 people way overrun by upset owners to the point that security people were called.

These folks should go to jail for this FRAUD. Buyer beware!