Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Kathryn M.):

I'm really responding to jimb387 and dennish (hope I got that right as I can't see me messages as I respond). jimb, the problem I see with your suggestion is that marriott has owners a bit captive because if you sell your property to anyone else (other than willing your properties to your children) you don't have the option to trade for Marriott Reward Points--which to us is a big deal as we trade for them every other year to get the world trips. Also, when my husband and I were in Aruba last June, we did attend a presentation (when we bought into the Destinations Program), but they were in the process of selling out their remaining inventory. If what you say is true, why in the world would they sell out the inventory rather than holding on to it for trust owners--especially if they are short on available inventory for Destination program participants?