Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Charles S.):

I am going to have to echo the thoughts of others. You have had substantial time to read over the documents or give them to a lawyer or someone you trust to review what you had prior to the deadline that committed you to the program. That is not Marriott's fault. You have accountability in this as well.

You are not alone is feeling that the developer or salesperson are to blame when you are not happy with what you have bought. The bottom line is that people need to READ their contracts. They don't and then want to blame someone. Also, people do not research prior to their purchase of a timeshare. They don't understand the commitment they are getting into with the increasing maintenance fees. I know I didn't. I remember that the salesman told me they would go up but he said very little each year. What a joke that's been. However, they never know how much they are going to go up each year.

We have to accept some responsibility for our purchases. People buy used cars all of the time and if they are unhappy with their purchase they don't have a cooling off period at least in California we don't with car purchases.

Marriott still has a good product, but they are selling it differently. Learn more about your purchases and how to work the system. You can still have great vacations with your grands. I certainly plan on doing it with mine.