Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Linda F.):

i was just recently informed that if I don't use my 2012 points by 2013, they are gone. lost. stolen in my opinion. you can borrow ahead for the 2014 points and put them together with 2012 and 2013 but 2012 points MUST be used by the end of 2013. that is why i am so angry. if i had been told that, i never would have bought. i already paid for a week in sicily in may and a week in peru in september 2012. i knew i would not use these points in 2012 or 2013. I am still working. i can't take more than 2 weeks vacation per year. and i have an elderly mother and mother in law. what if they get sick or die? what if i get sick and can't use the points? they just get to KEEP THEM! I get absolutely nothing for my $22,000. i have already put a deposit on a 15 day safari for 2013 and I have to do that because it is my grandson's graduation and that is his gift. i also have 800,000 marriott rewards points to use. i have no idea when, if ever, i will be able to use these destination points. i had no idea, and no reason to suspect, that the points would expire. my honored guest points for 20 years have accumlated as long as i want before using them. it was NOT mentioned to me that the destination points were treated any differently. I have been saving them up for when i retire.