Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Don P.):

I have a problem with the point system. Should it be as complicated as our tax system ? I'm sure everyone paid a large amount of money to buy their points. Then there is the annual maintenance fees and in a lot of cases exchange fees. I think it would be a lot easier and more cost effective to simply go to this site or another one and rent a unit that someone has advertised. This way there is no large outlay of cash and no commitment to pay annual fees and sometimes assessments. I got rid of two timeshares last year and I sleep a lot better at night not worrying about future fees or being obligated to travel every year. I had a lot of great vacations over the years but I see a lot of changes in the timeshare industry that doesn't benefit the timeshare owners. It seems to be a big cash cow for the developers. That is just my opinion. Everyone's circumstances could be different.