Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Charles S.):

No one claimed that you were stupid!

What Marriott did was put a value on their various properties the way the did when they charged people. That is the significant difference. They said a 2 bdroom in Hawaii in the summer is of higher value than a 2 bedroom in Desert Springs in the summer. There was more than likely a great difference in price there. Now if someone paid $30,000+ compared to $15,000+ , in my opinion if I am changing to points, the person who paid $30,000 should get more points.

So if you own in Maui, you should have more than enough points to go to Palm Desert in the winter and Newport Coast in the summer. Those are prime time weeks for those properties. In fact, if you made those exchanges, you would have additional days to use.

With Marriott quantifying the values of the properties, it does give some advantage to those who invested more into the higher priced properties. I look at it as a little bonus for the extra maintenance fees.

I am looking at things from my perspective as an legacy owner. I can't and don't look at this from a points person because that is not my goal. I will rent points if I need more for something because I don't want additional everlasting maintenance fees.