Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Bob P.):

Charles, you actually make my point for me. As I have said, I own two Maui 1br units that would get me 3100 points under the system. I also own a 2BR Palm Desert winter unit that gets me 2900 points, but would cost you 3750. Granted different number of bedrooms, but as you would suspect, Maui cost more. Thus, the 2900 I get for PD won't trade for Maui, and the Maui won't get a 2BR winter in PD. Mind you that is only an example.

Thus, as Dennis has said, I have two units in the #1 requested location in the Marriott system, and should simply go there every year since I don't like the deal. Mind you, if all of the Hawaii owners did the same, the people who bought those expensive points would have an almost impossible time getting those units.

I know I have expressed the most disgust here, but to be very honest, I have already been to every Marriott in the system that I would even care to go to. I simply have nothing to gain by converting to the points and thus chose not to. The Rip-Off I was most concerned with was actually the amount that new owners were being charged and the difference in the amount received.

You won't hear from me again. Good luck!