Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Don P.):

This is what I've been telling people for a long time in here. Points are just air. They can raise the number of points you need to book a week anytime they feel like it. Next year they can double your maintenance fees if they want to. You own nothing but an obligation to pay whatever fee they demand. My advice is tell everyone you know not to buy into the timeshare industry until it cleans up their act. Join the National Timeshare Owners Association at www.nationaltimeshareownersassoc.com. It's the only organization I know that fights for owners rights. It's a small investment to protect your investment. My other advice is to go to this site or another one and rent a week that someone else has posted. It's a way to help someone else and keep the greedy timeshare owners from selling more useless points.