Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Randy B.):

I just discovered this forum and have been trying to catch up with the posts. I am struggling with the same dilemma - whether or not to join the Destinations program. Like some others, I found the saleswoman who answered my call, to be very impatient, and frankly condescending and harsh. We have been Marriott owners for 20 years. Until the last few years, we enjoyed successful trades with our two weeks - both at Desert Springs I; one week a white week and the other a blue week we bought as a resale, but through Marriott corporate. The second week we bought only to trade.

We have exchanged our white week for points on alternate years and love the ability to use them at hotels. Unfortunately, due to my poor planning, I have lost control of the system and have too many weeks deposited with II and have not been able to trade on the limited times we have had available over the past few years. The maintenance fees are about $1,000 per unit and we would love to get rid of the Blue week. Could someone let me know who you spoke with at Marriott who gave you their offers to buy your units? I realize that most are not happy with the % discount, but at this point I would be happy to get out of our blue week and not have to pay the maintenance fee.

The other option, of course, is to enroll both in the Destinations program. I will take someone's suggestion here and call Owner Services, rather than sales tomorrow. Thanks for any contact information on the Marriott buy-back