Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System (by Charles S.):

I did not buy any points. My week is more than enough as I can get two weeks out of my lockoff unit. Plus, I have another timeshare system that I use. It's a points system. Up until now I have not had a problem making reservations in Hawaii in either system and I travel high season. In fact, last year I was in Hawaii a month. Two weeks at Ko Olina both in two bedroom suites. One week in an ocean view and the other week in a mountain view. Thanks to being able to rent some points from another owner and have them transferred into my account, I was able to get the second week. I traveled the other islands with my other timeshare system, DRI. I was at Ko Olina during prime summer season on two different occasions in July one during July 4th. This was not the only time I was able to do this since the points system was introduced. I will say that I set everything up a year in advance. I know my calendar a year in advance and plan my holidays accordingly. If you have as many points as you do you should have preference in making reservations. I am not sure why you are having problems unless you are

klalaw07 wrote:
EXAMPLE: If you have 100 rooms in a hotel that were available for Original Marriott owners to use when we all bought our weeks then Marriott changes their CONTRACT to points instead......where did they get the NEW rooms from??? The same 100 rooms that we originally were able to claim are not reduced in the amount of inventory available for us. They didn't ADD or BUILD new rooms but gave us a NEW DEAL that we didn't ask for or pay for. Come on, don't reply to my posts as if i don't understand. I stupidly bought points also and have not been able to use them for the high time period we bought originally and have KEPT my PLATINUM weeks. Forgive my ascerbic reply but it still 'frosts me' that we now have to try to get inventory that is now reduced and put into Points inventory from the original weeks inventory. If Marriott had added rooms for the points system it would have been acceptable but they did not. Marriott to my way of thinking still sells air, how many people now own points and how many rooms are actually available in ratio?