Timeshare Cure

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

The Post Card Company "cure" is usually worse than the ailment... (by KC):

josiej6 wrote:
I signed a contract with this company in March, I have received calls from Property Release in Sevierville, TN that they are handling the transfer.
Did they mention "transfer" TO WHOM, exactly???

I'd like to be dead wrong on this bet, but I strongly suspect that you've simply been "had". The PCC may or may not be making ANY effort to get your name off of the ownership deed. Alternatively, they might be trying to do so by some means which the resort will neither accept nor acknowledge as legitimate (e.g., using a phony corporation, or a bogus LLC, etc. as "new owner"). Resorts are smartening up quite a bit these days in regard to attempts at legally invalid deed "transfers".

It sounds like you may have signed a limited Power of Attorney to "Timeshare Cure" (...likely along with a good chunk of your money). As long as YOUR name remains on the recorded deed, YOU remain the lawful owner of record --- regardless of your having paid money to some parasite falsely promising to "get rid of" your timeshare for you. The resort will chase YOU (and ONLY you) for maintenance fees, until such time as you are no longer the lawful owner of record.

That said, I can't say that I've ever previously heard of maintenance fee bills being issued "quarterly". It's certainly possible, but still news to me --- most maintenance fee bills are issued annually.