Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Westin Maui resort Association cost (by Tammy C.):

Just got my association bill $2500.00. Not $3000 like it was before but still pretty close. I think my dues started at $1500

Here is the response i got from Westin on making this property a category 6

"Thank you for your email regarding The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. Please be assured Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide strives to maintain the highest quality of customer service. I apologize that your experience has not been an example of this and would like to assure you your experience was the exception and not the rule. The Category of a hotel is influenced and determined by many factors. A hotel's location, the amenities provided at the hotel, average room rate, renovations, varying economic conditions, and other hotels in the surrounding area, all have some bearing on a hotel's Category. Our categories are evaluated annually as a regular part of our programs overall evaluation. Each year some hotels move to a higher categories and some move to lower ones. I am sorry that you feel that we are price gouging our guests. I have documented your below comments in a Customer Service file and have forwarded it the General Manager of the hotel for resolution. The hotel will contact you back directly within five days. Your reference number for your records is 201111166233. "