Timeshare Rental

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Timeshare Rental (by Don P.):

You've been lied to by the salesperson. The first rule is that when a timeshare salesperson's lips are moving he or she is lying. They will tell you anything to get you to sign on the dotted line. Your choice but if it was me I would cancel. You can rent a unit from someone else without obligating yourself to a lifetime of every increasing maintenance fees. Once you pass the recission period you have committed yourself to a lifetime contract.

It's against the rules to use a guest certificate if you are renting. They can cancel your exchanges for breaking the rules and you are still stuck paying maintenance fees and excahnge fees. Based on the lies and the suggestion of using deceptive practices I would cancel immediately.

If you decide to cancel make sure you follow the directions to the letter and make sure you send it receipt return and keep copies of everything. I would also advise you to notify your credit card company if you charged anything. Don't wait until they time has lapsed to dispute the charge.