Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: scammed. are time shares worth it? (by Glen B.):

I have owned "Timeshares" for 12 or more years. I have found both the good and bad and I hear mostly bad from other people so I do not spend my time looking back. I love my "TIMESHARE' with Wyndham and only wish that I had known what I know now back when my children were young. It is the best way to travel and enjoy life and live like you live at home. It is safe, comfortable, relaxing and at a cost far less than hotels. There are a lot of "PITFALLS" along the way so watch your step. For starters most every one will "LIE" to you so you never know who or what to believe. My advise to new comers would be to travel to several-several different ones with the intention of enjoyment and learning and buying later. At times you can rent points from a Wyndham owner at discount rates and travel and enjoy the resorts just as the owner does except for the VIP status offered by Wyndham. Expect to pay about 30% less for condo stays compared to hotel rates. Try to travel off season or expect to pay more. Book early if it's important at top rates or look for bargains later and take your chances. I will leave it at this: I am 78 years old and can stay in Wyndham resorts with all the bills paid, including my choice of where to stay, beach, mountains, golf course, out west or east coast, big cities or the lakes, all for less than nursing home care.