True Valid

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: True Valid (by Brian C.):

This is going from bad to worse.

TV have told me that the original offer of £8700 which I had paid £870 deposit on had fallen through but they had secured another offer of £12500 from a Holiday company who wanted a fast completion. To do this thy needed me to pay another £1900 by bank transfer.

When I said I would not do a bank transfer as this would not be protected against fraud like a credit card is they said they would accept my previous payment as part of the deposit if that helped.

I then said that I would not make an unprotected payment and told them to cancel and refund my first payment.

THIS WAS REFUSED saying that money is used as administration costs.

Remember this was paid as an insurance not as administration.

I have since attempted to make contact with them by speaking to the Accountant who is listed as the contact for TV and he says he has nothing to do with them.

I then Googled the address on the headed paper and they are not listed at that address.

I then used the post office web site and could not locate them on that either.

TV tell me that the reason there phone number is withheld is that they only use internet phones but calling the 0845 number given on the headed paper now only results in an answer service.

I am now handing this complaint over to the Police and Trading Standards and will claim a refund on my credit card under section 75 of the credit card system.

I urge any reader never to make a direct bank transfer to any company like this always insist on using a credit card it is the only safety net you have.