Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Crystal C.):

It is more than obvious that all of you need to go on these updates because you lack knowledge about your ownership. When you are there you probably just complain and don't really listen. Keep an open mind. They will answer your questions. Write the down. It makes it much easier. I have been on many exchanges that I meet people who own every kind of ownership from all over the world. I've taught several people by the pool or on an airplane on how to use their ownerships. Here are some typical rules. The owners who follow these are probably the happy owners that are not posting on these blogs.

1) Anyone has a legal right to use their deeded week if you book it at 12 or 13 months out depending on your ownership. (Read your book or contract.)

2) If you have a floating red week then the same is true 12 to 13 months out for booking.

3) If you bought a bi-annual you only have usage every other year. Same rule applies. Book 12-13 months out.

4) Tri-annual is every 3 years. Same rules apply. Book 12-13 months out.

5) If you want to exchange. Same rule applies. Book your week 12-13 months out and deposit it with Interval or RCI. Whoever your Trading Company is.

6) If you don't want to go the same week every year or every other year. Change to a Points Based system where you can choose the dates and the amounts of days you stay or exchange.

7) No one should own a Vacation Ownership that doesn't have maintenance fees. That is what pays the bills. New York is going to be more expensive that other parts of the country. From my understanding The Manhattan Club needed a remodel so at least be happy that you didn't get a special assessment for $5000 like some people did in Hawaii. Most people pay $1600-2100 depending on the room size. It lowers the value for trade if you don't get the remodel.

Vacation Ownership is amazing if you educate yourself on your ownership. I've never heard of someone getting their week that attempted to book at 9 months or less. In fact, I've never heard of that with a traditional Timeshare Week. Only a points based system works that way and if you own in New York, you should still be booking it 12-13 months out depending on the week you want even with a points based system unless your banking on a last minute cancellation.

I hope this helps. If the 12-13 month rule does not apply then get assistance. But I have never heard of it not working, even on a Right to Use in Mexico.

If that doesn't work call the Attorney General of New York not an attorney. 9 times out of 10 the companies that contact you are fraudulent, especially resale companies. Besides, from what I understand there are several companies that own different floors within The Manhattan Club Building as of the last year. Some of which are highly reputable. Your problem may already be resolved.