Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

lenap3 wrote:
Chris, Reservations can also be made on Booking.com. While I understand TMC can not sell any more ownership interest while they are being investigated, I am not sure if they had to stop accepting reservations from non-members. Maybe that is why people can still book a suite through Hotels.com and Booking.com.

hi lenap3,

you may be correct about booking.com; however, i'm making an educated assumption that the THE MANHATTAN CLUB, according to the court order secured by eric schneiderman, nys attorney general, had to cease and desist all transactions concerning its suites, including sales, promotions and, yes, rentals as well..................the further assumption being that these rental accommodations on tripadvisor.com belong to ian bruce eisner and his band (oops, BOARD) of directors. eichner's rentals of THE MANHATTAN CLUB suites could conceivably be construed as promotions to sell these as timeshares. who knows to what lengths he and his associates will go to continue their pursuit of further MANHATTAN CLUB TIMESHARE sales?.......................skirting the law in the meantime. i wouldn't put anything past him. he's a shrewd business man who surrounds himself with a cadre of legal, financial and real estate experts par excellence, but he's also not beyond perpetrating a fraud. let's call his bluff on these current rentals as hotel suites and let ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN, OUR NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL make the decision as to the legality of this business scheme, or transaction.

go to tripdvisor.com and look up THE MANHATTAN CLUB. it's very clear that eichner's sales pitch and/or promotion shines right through. I EMAILED THE TRIPADVISOR LINK TO ERIC SCHNEIDERMAN, AND HIS DEPUTIES WHO ARE ASSIGNED TO THE MANHATTAN CLUB LAWSUIT, JUST BEFORE SENDING YOU THIS REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT TO ME ON REDWEEK.COM.

i hope he'll respond, especially since this is an election year.

chris volpe