Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Mon B.):

I wonder how many of you realize that the Manhattan Club seems to be continuing to sell timeshare units, based in Pennsylvania. I just found that out when our family was instructed, by phone, to send our annual payment to an address in Philadelphia, unless we wanted to pay 16% interest fees. Do we also have a way to contact the AG in Pennsylvania and proceed to stop Eichner through that means?

Also, as a (family) owner and as an attorney, I don't see how any owners will ever be made whole for the overpayment of fees, through any litigation, unless there is an ability to clawback the $6 million annual fees stolen by Eichner.

It seems to me that the only possible legal way to proceed is through this analysis (And as I am not a NYS attorney and have not beein in contact with the investigation, this may not be the right answer) - Option - the owners can consider the contracts void by reason of fraudulent misrepresentation, and a fraudulent conveyance makes an unenforceable obligation to honor the terms of the contract. In addition, the Manhattan Club has violated both the intent and the execution of the contract by making use of the ownership interest almost impossible, so there will probably be an eventual answer that will void the contracts, with little compensation, if any, for the owners' financial losses. Just like other professional scam artists, the government has the ability to shut them down in a particular endeavor, but not to reimburse the victims for their losses, unless there is a pool of money that can be 'refunded' to the owners, and I doubt that Eichner's funds are accessible to US law enforcement by now. Has anyone gone to an attorney and gotten an answer to any of these questions?

Meanwhile, I wonder who has this information - in the past few months, there have been several companies offering to effectuate a sale of the timeshare ownership, if the owner PAYS THEM to transfer the deed. That doesn't make sense if the deed is flawed to begin with. Has anyone explored that angle? The broker who contacted us most recently claims to have transferred ownership and represented dozens of MC owners. Any feedback?

Best, MB