Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Jill S.):

Hi beckyf76 -- My word of advice has to do with disputing a credit card charge based on a successful experience I had over 2 years ago: 1) establish contact ASAP with your credit card company (CCC) -- the best window to dispute a charge is within the first 30 days of the charge, or 30-60 days, maximum. 2) call your CCC and ask for their procedures for disputing claims, then follow their protocols to the letter. 3) Start a timeline and also take brief notes along the way. 4) Pester your CCC periodically for a status update. Depending on your CCC fraud department's sophistication, your dispute could get lost in a maize of paperwork or emails. My Amex card is better than other card because they're highly computerized. 5) If your CCC tries to deny your claim, fight them tooth and nail! It's your money, not theirs, so they're ultimately not going to care as much as you will. I simultaneously waged war with the company that charged me (my claim was $1,500 for a telephone authorization I gave on a cold-call -- dumb me!). Remember, your CCC wants to satisfy vendors who subscribe to their card, so they don't have your best interests at heart. When I wouldn't give in to my CCC's initial decision to deny my dispute in favor of the vendor, I persuaded the CCC to grant my dispute and "put the ball in the vendor's court" to dispute the grant. The vendor fought the decision. I was sent their response and provided a rebuttal argument, with more "evidence". Next thing I heard, my CCC "ruled" in my favor and I received a credit back on my card. This all took about 5 months! Good luck with your CCC.