Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Thomas M.):

dennisc283 wrote:
Actually it's the NY CITY Department of Finance (not the state). When I worked there many years ago it was located in the Municipal Building near City Hall. I think you can check records through a system called ACRIS, or perhaps a different system at NYCDF. Check here: http://nycprop.nyc.gov/nycproperty/nynav/jsp/logonpage.jsp to see if you can find a record you'll need Block & Lot for TMC... not sure how they're handling multiple owner apartment/cooperative type buildings tho.

This looks like a good path to take. When/if MC pays their taxes, would it be just a lump sum which would theoretically include all the owners' taxes together (in which case you couldn't verify whether your taxes have been paid by them), or would it break it down by owner?

Either way, how do you know the block and lot number? Is there just one for TMC or does each owner have one? if the latter, is it on your contract? (Again, my mom is an owner, helping her out with this.)

Once we know exactly how to do it (if possible), I think every owner should check if their MC taxes have been paid/recorded. As previously stated, if not this could be a good bullet for the NYAG fraud investigation.

I may give the NY DoF a call.