Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Dks):

The sales office at TMC is closed for the time being on the orders of the AG. When the investigation started the AG forbade any further sales, which included buy backs by the club. I gave one of two timeshares back (that I inherited) for $100. I no longer pay fees, but I did not receive the final paperwork or the $100 because TMC was prohibited by the AG to go through with any deals that were in the works as of June of 2014. One day, depending on what happens, they may be able to sell again. Who knows? These investigations and legal wrangling take a long time. Our situation is not the only situation with which the AG is dealing. Add to that the main attorney on TMC case recently left and was replaced and the AG is now looking into Trump/fraud re: Trump University.. in addition to whatever else is on his plate.

marionf26 wrote:
My mother-in-law bought 2 units at the Club that we have inherited. I looked at the big book she was given at the time of purchase and on the cover it states that this investment presents big risks. I just received an e-mail from Trip Advisor advertising the Manhattan Club as a five star hotel in New York City. When I paid my maintenance fee for the penthouse I was told to hold on to my unit because they are not EVER going to sell any timeshares again. They have closed all their offices at the Manhattan Club property. Doesn't mean they won't, or haven't, opened up shop somewhere else. I am now paying, if I can get a room, $500 a night. It's not even close to a 5 star.