Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Dks):

williamm465 wrote:
That is $9000 the rest of us had to make up. Perhaps we should be first in line when payments are made.

sharon177 wrote:
It horrifies me to think that someday if we are able to "return" our unit, we may have to pay all the maintenance fees that are outstanding plus the late fees that have been added before anything can be resolved. This is approaching $9000CAD for us so far.

According to what I understand about the settlement, which I read, is that those of us who have paid the maintenance fees and used the property will be given some money in the 2nd and 3rd years of this 3 year process.. Who knows how much that will be? I fault Eichner, not other owners for the situation we are in. All of us have different circumstances and we all did what we had to do according to our personal circumstances, to cope. I gave back one of the two timeshares I inherited, because I could not afford $6000 in fees. Let's not be hard on each other...we did not create this situation, Eichner and his cronies did.