Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Nathan Z.):

Robert,

No one questions a word of your letter. I just wonder what you realistically expect to happen.

My understanding is that the role of the newly appointed judge is to monitor compliance with the settlement which has already been signed. After many years of unsuccessful individual efforts, and after 3 years of investigation and negotiation, the NYAG and the Eichner interests came to terms. Sadly, the owners seem to be an afterthought. I don't believe it's likely - or even possible - for the new judge to overturn the existing settlement.

If some law firm decides to pursue a class action suit, there seems to be a mountain of evidence. Based on this blog, I'm sure there will be many volunteers to participate. However, this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. It will not be not a pro-bono undertaking. So unless a law firm is extremely well funded and willing to face off with the Eichners for years to come, I don't see this matter moving forward.

Do you see another endgame?