Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Gail J.):

I find that hard to comprehend because you are one of the very, very few who believe that being taken advantage of is a positive thing. Perhaps, like myself, you didn't pay $40,000 to purchase a penthouse week and have a 2019 $3700 assessment ( which I just received in the mail). I would think you'd be able to have invested that $40,000 and that you'd have that investment return plus the annual fee which would have afforded you the chance to stay in a very swanky hotel on your annual visit to NYC. Course, if you bought your timeshare for a few hundred dollars from a dissatisfied, defrauded owner, you may have made a good deal. Then again, I'm not sure what is going to happen to your investment if the building is foreclosed upon due to unpaid taxes or other liens filed against it. You very well may find that your initial investment has gone down the drain. Clearly, fraud has been proven - the problem was that the previous NY attorney general allowed Eichner, the developer, to make a sweet deal and get off without prison time or having to pay substantial restitution all to our detriment. So, did you purchase from the developer or was it a resale from another owner? And what do you think your week is now worth? Do you think it has gone up in value?