Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

hello sharon v68

you report good information concerning the difference in paying for real estate taxes between the CA & NY timeshares. given the way the fraudsters at TMC do all business, i wouldn't put it past them to add extra $$$ to our tax burden. note above that i asked TMC financial office about the amount of tax i owe, and they said that they lump our tax obligation into our MF's. they gave me an individual tax figure that i accepted without question (it seemed rather high for one week's ownership........around $300 that i recall.) it is notable that with all the complaints we have presented against TMC, this tax issue has not been addressed. hopefully, one of us owners has the ability to delve into this important matter of determining each owner's individual tax burden for weeks owned. this could turn out to be another issue to be investigated by legal authorities. overall, TMC needs to be monitored concerning their non-adherence to the terms of the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S SETTLEMENT. there are so many illegal issues involved here that the matter has become so muddied and clouded that we're losing sight of these illegalities.

sharonv68 wrote:
We own another timeshare in CA which is deeded exactly the way TMC was suppose to be deeded. We get a separate very amount bill sent to us directly from the City to individually pay our own property taxes which is the honest way to have your taxes paid if a deeded timeshare. TMC could not approach it this way because they oversold the same unit/time by about 14,000 so many of us would be paying for the same tax bill. In other words because of the fraud several of us own the same house. So TMC didn't set it up this way for individual tax bills like they should have otherwise we would have figured out the scam a long time ago. In reality with so much oversell its unlikely more that 14,000 of us have stopped paying fees. So it would be unlikely the entire building would have a Lein placed on it.