Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit (by Chris V.):

hello, david p

your comments, some of which ring true, are indicative of a defeatist stance. basically, you say, "f*** it and get over it," and you make partially accurate points. we are all current financial (and otherwise) losers concerning how TMC has beat us down in the past and is continuing to do so. yes, this forum may be repetitive, but not stupid. it full of defrauded people who want to continue to find ways to recoup our losses. at the end of the day, we will find the way to do so. please join us in a cohesive and possibly victorious movement vs TMC. if not, we acknowledge your choice and hope you get over it without regret.

davidp1102 wrote:
People, please stop! You are not going to get back your investment in TMC. The NYAG made a case and settled. A small payment was distributed. I received $400+ last year, contacted the NYAG and never heard back. My story is like many others. Your "middle class" and wanted to find a way to vacation at nice places with a better price. You wanted to go for dinner and see a Broadway play in NYC. You bought a timeshare in NYC at a price you thought would be a good investment. Then TMC made the rooms public at a discounted rate and the MF double each year. "Oh ****!", your investment just tanked and you are locked into it without any clear way out. Now you don't know what to do. Do you keep paying? or just stop? Do you lawyer up or try to keep contacting the NYAG? The truth is, this is only effecting you and nobody else cares. The wealthy owner doesn't care, the NYAG doesn't care and the lawyer you are hoping will get you restitution does not care. So the money you invested is gone. I invested money that my father left me when he passed away. It stings, it sucks, but I, like many of you have to go to work everyday, take care of the family, deal with other crap in life. You are going to attempt to take on the wealthy with a legal battle that you have slim to no chance of succeeding and will lose more money. The timeshare industry has flown under the radar of legal, media and social attention for so long that it is only getting more corrupt. So what do you do? I stopped paying. Not going to send another dime or pay a lawyer to tell me I could win, less than I invested in legal counsel. So what else can you do? You could do your research about the people making the decisions at TMC. Read articles about who they are and what there interests are. Where else do they have property? What family do they have and what are they like? Where else do they do business? You find out as much as you can and then you "reach out" to the people surrounding someone like Mr. Ian Bruce Eichner. You contact his family, his doorman, the real estate agents dealing with his properties, his favorite restaurant or artist and so on. With so many owners at TMC, it could be a real issue for someone and possibly influence a reasonable settlement for what TMC has done to so many of us. That is how you effect someone who is wealthy enough to **** on you in court. So get to work and stop putting your attention into this repetitive, stupid forum.